Thursday, September 11, 2008

HIRED!!!!!

Sorry for not updating recently, although I doubt that anyone noticed. First of all,
Currently Hearing: The hum of my computer and the clacking of keys.
Currently Dreading: Being elected to the homecoming Court.
Currently Anticipating: The next band performance and starting my job on Monday.
Current Annoyance: My sister

Ok, as the title of this particular post suggests, I was hired for a job. The job? I am now gainfully employed by the Heyworth School District. Whats the position? I am payed $8 an hour to cut the grass, kill weeds, etc. on school grounds. My supervisor is Mr. Kemp. I start on Monday. I have to get up very early though.

As for my current problems, I am worried that I might be elected to homecoming court, and God forbid, be elected Homecoming King. Which begs the question: How can you be ELECTED King? Who knows?

Anyway, I have been begging everyone to not vote for me, but it doesn't seem to be working. I might just be the first person to ever get nominated to any position by using the "DON'T VOTE FOR ME!!!" strategy.

I hate homecoming and school dances in general. If I turn down the offer, I don't know what will happen. No one has ever turned down an offer before, I imagine.

Also, yesterday, I found out that I will be doing a solo for the next football game. I did the same solo last year on tuba. Its for the song "Sing Sing Sing". Its pretty fun. I got to walk out into the middle of the formation to play it. No one else ever gets to do that. Its basically awesome.

Wow, I'm not sure but this might be my longest blog post. Making up for lost ground I guess.

No comments: